Denali is broken. Denali needs to go back into rehab. Rehab is expensive.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Broken Pony

If you found this blog, then that means that you either A. are a follower of my "real" blog Green n Green = Black n Blue (Which even 2 years later is still appropriately named.) or B. You were given this address from a friend or found me on google. Either way, THANK YOU! :)

Why have two blogs you say? Simple. I own an OTTB who is like trying to rebuild a 1976 NOVA. She continually breaks down. In a year she has been "off" more than she has been on. In September of 09 she came up lame with a lump on her right hind. She was diagnosed and treated for EPM in October-December of 09. The price of that diagnosis and treatment?? Somewhere around $3,000 dollars.

Three weeks ago she came up dead lame and finally was diagnosed with a tear in her bilateral suspensitory ligament near her splint bone. Diagnosis? Stall rest for 90 days to start. The vet suggested I send her here. Pegasus is $60.00 a day, which puts it at around $1,800 a month. I make around $3,000 a month so perhaps you see my problem... What's a horse mom to do. The plan is to sell enough stuff to be able to send here to Pegasus. Instead of putting it on ebay or craigslist I thought I'd put it here! I'll keep updating what I have, and what I want for it. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment